So my ever talented Dad made me a rag rug loom just from a few internet photos, and of course, it looks better than any of the others I have seen! I started in on my first rug, and am finding the process very meditative, with the notable exception of an ache in my shoulders if I weave too long...The crafts I am making seem to be drifting further and further into history. A definite sign of old age!
Speaking of old age and weavers, , I have been thinking a lot about that old reprobate singer Pete Seeger. I don't remember how I first heard of him, I think it was a PBS special or something. I am ( and I love writing this) too young to have any memories of his music while he was popular with the Weavers singing group. His unfortunate politics aside, I admire the man. He did pretty much what he wanted. Of course it helped that he came from a monied family. But he seems to have lived his life with passion. I don't claim to be doing the same. My life is very quiet mostly. But I do get to create crafts, play in my garden, and spoil the grand kids. Not too bad, huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment