My family joined me for a great birthday dinner Sunday. Not everyone was there, but I am glad for those who were able to come. We were the nosiest table in the place! I got thinking about gifts, especially since I am making things to sell as gifts. I have to admit, I love presents. I love guessing what is inside the wrapped packages, tearing the paper, and (best of all) finding what is inside. This year, my husband and I went to a warm place in the middle of all this year's snow as the birthday present for each of us. So wonderful! Who knew two people who were raised in the south jersey woods could go so far?
But back to gifts. I remember my grandmother's delight when she would reach into her little purse for a quarter or two to give me as a treat. I think she had more fun giving it away than we had spending it. That is the spirit of giving I love. Delight in the little things. And in the bigger things if you give 'em or get 'em. Thus endeth the lesson.
No comments:
Post a Comment